Friday, February 14, 2014

Unnerving advertising

I must get this off my chest.  I'm not a real big fan of commercials, but some are better than others.  So, here are some current commercials that I really hate.

  • The "How do you KFC" commercial is by far one of the most obnoxious.  Not one of the people in the commercials seem to have suffered the consequences from eating too much of that fried chicken  Suddenly, commercial campaigns give a faux YouTube close up of some smug annoying person claiming they are so smart due to whatever they're selling.  Anyone who falls for this commercial is truly lacking in critical thinking skills.  Look, I do eat KFC and enjoy their food...sometimes.  Bring back the Colonel, even in animation form.    These commercials make me hate KFC.  Don't do that.  
  • There was I think a Cadillac commercial aired during the coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Sochi Olympics.  It had this guy rambling that Americans enjoy working so much because we can buy stuff.  This is what makes us great?  Having barely anytime to spend with your family so we can have stuff?  This is not what makes us great.  What used to make Americans great was an optimistic outlook towards the future and that there wasn't any obstacle we couldn't overcome.  We used to take the time to appreciate being American...to be thankful for what we have.  It was Thanksgiving, but now we work that day, too or shop as the case may be.  
  • I'm having a hard time thinking of more because the first two are foremost in my mind.  
Okay, well, this wasn't as long of a list as I hoped.  Oh, yeah.  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment