Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Illustrations!

I have been diligently working on illustrations for my short story compilation.  Because I'm excited by them, I will begin sharing them here.  These will be placed in the interior of the book, so once the book is published they will only be in greyscale.  I did make many of them in color, so I will post them here in color.  By the way, my 9-year-old editorial adviser hated the book's original title, The Snowball Files.  So, I have changed it to Crazy Adventures: Preteen Stories and Fantasies.  Since this is a book for readers his age, I didn't want to just brush him aside.  So, here is a prototype of the new front cover:



Here's something from Suzie and the Little Man:


One from The Snowball that Ate Recess:


This is the beginning scene to Those Youngling Varmints; I will probably pick the second since the staircase is more complete.  But, I wanted to show off Bella.  That's the best dog I've ever drawn:



















Here's right near the beginning of Crazy Slumber Parties: 
Now, I've said in the past I can't draw.  Well, I don't draw well enough for a large scale picture book, but for illustrations in a book with mainly text narration, I think it's doable.  Friday, and I will post even if it's late at night, I will show off more.  

Be good to yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment