Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Out of the Loop

It was a dark and stormy night...no, really.  Last Sunday a storm came sweeping through, fortunately no tornadoes here in Michigan, and the wind was quite intense.  Just down the block are large utility poles for the major high tension wires.  These aren't the small ones common on residential streets.  No, these are at least fifty feet in the air.  They were just snapped and the power lines were lying head level across the street.  For blocks, it was the same thing.  I tried to take a picture, but couldn't find my camera.  I did attempt using my son's DS camera, but it didn't turn out.  

Needless to say, I was totally away from the Internet and my computer where I type out this coffee break on the Internet that is this blog.  My mother-in-law took my family in, but then her Internet went down.  Fortunately, I was able to add to my NaNoWriMo story, since I back everything on a flash drive.  As of this moment I have 41136 words and the story is moving towards it's ultimate climax.  Characters that need to have their day of reckoning could very well meet their doom.  Should I send a prophet to warn them?  Sorry, I don't have a prophet character.  

Why?  Why do I do all this?  What's with all the writing and stuff?  Funny you should ask.  Here are five reasons that motivate me as a writer:
  1. Nothing thrills me as much as when I write.  I wish I could never stop.
  2. I've tried other things...believe me, this is my favorite activity. 
  3. I wish to do my part to keep the English language alive.  Yes, I use Americanized English, but I live here.
  4. A troop of wild monkeys will hurl glass bottles and feces at me if I don't write.  Boots, no...
  5. The real world often sucks, so I like to create a new one that has challenges when I decide the time is right.
Well, do you see yourself in this list at all?  Wild monkeys keeping you hostage?  Don't worry if your reasons are different or you don't do any writing.  So long for now.  I'll catch ya later!

Be good to yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment