Sunday, July 7, 2013

Challenges of an indie author

Obviously, number one is to convince others that it doesn't necessarily mean that the author is necessarily from India.  It took me a while to get that out of my head, especially since I'm a fan of The Big Bang Theory.

Marketing is a pain in the neck. Juggling this, writing, and all other demands on my time (including kids, yard work, house work, getting out of the house once in a while), egad...how dreadful.  If I had more knowledge of how markets worked and to find the right niche of readers most likely to enjoy my book, maybe this wouldn't be so painful.

One nagging bit of inquiry...how do I get my story reviewed by someone who has a reputation?  If only I was on the radar of the NYT or Washington Post, then more people would read it.  I wonder what other indie authors find as stumbling blocks, and more importantly, how to overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment